Tenant has some obligations
The lease agreement states that the landlord will maintain the property in a safe and clean manor and comply with all regulations. The lease agreement also states that the tenant will keep the property in a safe and clean condition including the proper operation of the electrical, gas and plumbing systems. Before the tenant takes possession we at Cannon Real Estate Carlsbad Property Management conduct a walk-Thur to agree with the tenant the condition of the property. Many pictures to help verify the condition are also taken.
Before the tenant vacates the properfty the property manager and the tenant will do a pre-experiation inspection to compare the property before and after. The tenant will then be handed a list of of any conditions which must be corrected to avoid any deductions to the security deposit.
After the tenant vacates the landlord wants to recover the cost of any damage that the tenant is responsible for. The tenant has responsibility to repair any damage to the property caused by his failure to exercise normal care and prevention to the property.
Some of the tenants responsibilities include the following:
- Keeping the property clean and sanitary
- disposing of all trash
- properly operating all appliances
- maintaining supervision over any guests that they do not destroy or damage the
- occupying the property in accordance to the lease agreement.
- Notifying the landlord of any problems including roof leaks, and other water damage
problems or any safety hazards.
The Landlords duty to maintain
- unit must be in condition fit for occupancy prior to leasing.
- Repair all unsafe conditions and make sure unit is habitable.
Besides major defects the landlord is also responsible for minor defects
- The tenant can fix the defect and then deduct from rent
- make the repairs, continue to pay rent and sue landlord for costs
- or the tenant can vacate